Bank holiday weekends are good for your agility passion. KC competition at SWAT on Saturday, training at home Sunday, (particularly after some of Saturday's performances) and then UKA Monday.

The weekend just got better. I enjoyed SWAT, the courses were challenging but do-able (that's an agility term) class sizes were reasonable and I like to support people / clubs who put something back into the sport - well done guys. I had three "if-only moments" - another agility term.
1) If-only I had worked one jump harder Torro would have won G6 Agility,
2) If-only I had tried a bit harder he would have also won G6 jumping
3) If-only I'd remembered the course we would have at least got round the G1-7 jumping.

Add two of those if-only's up and it equals Torro G7!! Doh...

We made up for it on Monday Torro won the UKA Master heat, Kodi came second I took £150 off of Greg - what joy!

Kodi was on fine form. I've been a bit concerned about him recently, nothing serious but just lacking in something. But on Monday Kodi was back on form. It's a strange thing to explain but he has so much power I can feel it when running him. With Torro its all explosive energy, on the edge of out of control.

Devo had the pleasure of being judged by Nanny Hughes - another agility term. We didn't put on our best performance, hence more training on Sunday. On reflection I need to practice what I preach and develop a warm up routine for him.

Karen is doing well and being very brave letting me run Torro AND watching too - I'm not sure what is more painful that or the broken ankle!

I felt guilty today having to go away for a couple of days. I've re-jigged my diary so far but I have a busy few days in Leeds so needed to make the trip. Still, I've left plenty of glassware and crystal to polish!

Comments

Popular Posts