What else has been going on....

Last weekend I went kayaking on the River Wye with my brother, his family and my son Jack and his girlfriend Sarah. 

Kayaking is something I've done fairly regularly since a teenager when I used to do the sport to a high level; the days before a career, having a family, dog agility and a house to run. 

After not being in a boat for a couple years, I probably shouldn't have been surprised at how hard it was to get back into it and paddling for two days. However, it was a nice tiredness to have and a really enjoyable weekend. 

Spending two days on the water I got to see lots of wildlife, had time to think and of course spend time with family and do something out of the normal routine.


On the water you don’t see the usual signposts, directions and landmarks that you see on the road travelling by car.

As I didn't want to risk drowning my phone, I couldn't even use google maps while paddling; it was like being off-grid for a couple of days...very relaxing. 

Of course I would have liked to taken the dogs with me, and we've done that before, but as I hadn't been on the water for a couple of years I was out of practice and wasn’t too sure how stable I was going to be. Someone (probably me) would have got wet if Moog had been in the boat.




Something else I haven't done for a while is written my blog. I've had my guest blogger Laura Hope in over the summer following the European Open which I hope you found an interesting read. So what else has been going on...

Well I've been making more time for regular training with Moog and I was pleased this came together with our performance at the KC Festival earlier this month. Although we didn’t have any clear rounds, he was able to control his enthusiasm much better around and in the agility ring. Overall, I feel our partnership is coming on well and I'm looking forward to building on this over the winter ready for next season.


We have a few more shows in the diary which are going to be practice runs and a chance for me to see how our training is progressing.

Thanks for reading and for the feedback I've received on my blogs and particularly on my guest bloggers.

Moog finally getting out of his paddling pool at home

Comments

Popular Posts