An exciting future ahead

Last weekend was dedicated to Team GB. It was the YKC juniors final selection day on Saturday, and the second squad day for the adults on Sunday.

Once again the juniors were great. The format for Saturday was designed to be similar to the championships in July: one jumping round, one agility round (in reverse order of the jumping results) and two team runs.



We'll announce the team next week, then their training starts.

Getting the junior project started has marked a new era for the YKC and Team GB. My intention is  for the junior team to be a key part of Team GBs future development.


So on to Sunday.

The full adult squad had a busy day at Nottingham Trent University being put through their paces in preparation for the Performance Weekend. Once again the standard is extremely high. It's refreshing to see new faces of up-and-coming new international handlers showing a lot of potential.

Of course the experienced handlers and dogs make a lot of the trials look effortless. Their professionalism and skills shine through and inspire on these days.

Devo and I have been preparing for Crufts. Karen and I are part of the Scunthorpe team competing in the large team event on Thursday, which I'm looking forward to a lot.

I'm planning on being at Crufts for all four days again this year. I have some people to meet and I'm presenting the YKC trophies (feeling very honoured) I'm also planning to watch as much agility as I can, especially the squad members...

I'll also be supporting the students I've been coaching and working with too.

If you're competing there, have fun and enjoy the atmosphere.



Comments

Popular Posts