Touched by your presence

Apologies for the lack of blog entries this last couple of weeks, usual excuse lots going on. The New Year is a distant memory now, although the resolutions are not. They are not finished yet, still very much work in progress.

I've had an interesting week so far. On Monday our CEO made an appearance at a meeting I was attending. It's not uncommon he's very visible in our organisation and has good insight and knowledge of what's going on. He also has a brain the size of a small country, incredibly quick and clever, I suppose qualities you need to be a CEO. Why am I telling this story? I am always impressed by how much he has his finger on the pulse and his presence. 


Presence is something I experienced when I listened to Michael Johnson talking in London last year, I'll never forget that. The moment he walked into the lecture theatre you could sense it like a radiation cloud sweeping across the audience touching us all.

We've been doing some additional training with our club instructors over the last few months, presence is something they are all developing, whether they know it or not. It's a hidden skill that spreads confidence, reassurance and promotes a positive environment amongst the group.

Get the picture?

Comments

Popular Posts