Raining = Training

This summer is currently the wettest on record, and it's not over yet. We decided not to go to Tuffley on the basis that we just don't find wading around in mud all that much fun and I really don't perform like I want to when conditions are that bad.

It was interesting watching Wimbeldon over the last few weeks. Game is stopped, or the roof closes when conditions deterioate. It protects the crowd, but mainly players cannot play at the level they train to when it gets so wet; I think agility is the same.

We make compromises in these situations, accepting lower levels of performance in the ring than we train to because of the conditions.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not just a fair weather handler, however the old saying " short term pain for long term gain" rings out to me.

So we've been doing extra training at the weekend in between showers, thankfully our field drains well. I've been working hard on those areas identified at the FCI tryouts and having a lot of fun at the same time. Devo is such a great dog to train, he works so hard and really is a reflection of how much effort I put it.

A walk on Salisbury plain in the buttercups. (Flint was out of view)

Comments

Popular Posts