That time of year

Thats the FCI tryouts done for another year. Its probably the most stressful day of the agility competition year and yet also the day I now realise I prepare least for.

My expectation this year was for a couple of clear rounds, especially after winning the agility section of Nottingham Champ class. I was under no illusions that Devo and I would breeze into the team, the partnership at that level is just not there yet. However, the format of the day has proven in the past that anything can happen

Although I didn't achieve any clears I wasn't dissapointed by our performance, it highlighted at least two areas we need more work on.

It's quite inspiring to watch and take part in this event, it really is another level up from our standard G7 agilitiy and much more on a par with European agility. Mark's view, the standard of competion, training, fitness and judging is far higher over there. Our best dogs and handlers are equally as good, for the majority of us, it's work in progress.

There is lots going on at the moment both in my professional life and with my interests. I have a couple of interesting projects on the go and some opportunities on the horizon....decisions, decisions.

Comments

Popular Posts