Communication Overload

I've been working at home for the last couple of days, and before you start thinking 'oh yes, that ole "working at home lark" it does actually work for me.

I've been preparing for a presentation I have in a couple of weeks and needed a bit of piece and quiet to concentrate. Yesterdays plan was to analyse data, today,  do something with it - bored yet?

I set myself the goal to have it mostly prepared by 3pm, and I did. Then it was plain sailing for the rest of the day, or that was the plan. What actually happened was the phone went mad with calls, texts and voicemail. I was constantly bombarded with instant messages through the laptop. Then the email started joining in, all I needed was a bloody pigeon to land on the window sill to make a full house.

Talk about the age of communication, how about just  GTD (getting things done).

Comments

Popular Posts