The Official Start to the Agility Year

The long Easter weekend was brilliant. It seemed to be a really long break and we crammed in lots of things including some relaxation time; as you know I don't 'do' relaxation that often, I think it's very over-rated! However, I've got my nose in two very interesting and completely different books at the moment - a great reason to sit down for a while.

Good Friday was exactly that. We finally made time to getting our Chalet (large shed) cleaned out and my word did we find some 'stuff' .... lots of 'stuff.' So that's looking tidy and the wheelie bin is looking full. A very good Friday.

On Easter Agility Competition Saturday we went to Ardingly for the Easter Celebration show. Our main class there was the Olympia qualifier and we did OK. Karen finished 12th with Torro Laker and I had a 16th place with Kodi. Devo and I produced another 'if only' run which had the potential for a top 5 place except for a tunnel refusal ( handler error). Never mind I was very pleased with our 2nd competition of the year and confident our training is going in the right direction.

Easter Sunday was a day at home training tunnels!......... well and a few other sequences we've been working on.

Easter Monday was a wet one mainly indoors apart from a long, wet and muddy dog walk - lovely..

I consider the Easter Weekend as the start to the agility year. The winter training done, the pre-show prep done, now it's just go and put it all to practice and have some fun at the same time.

Scunthorpe this weekend for the Crufts and Champ classes - here we go again.

Comments

Popular Posts