No Fear

We ventured back to Nottingham this weekend for the first time in three years. For me it's one of those competitions that has great classes, all the big qualifiers but the venue lets it down. It lived up to my expectation once again.

It's interesting how different venues, weather, equipment and environments etc.. effect our performance. I often hear people getting beaten before they've even got on the start line by saying things like "oh well he never runs in the rain", "it's those plastic poles, they always come down".

It's associated with a condition called 'fear of failure'. Lots of people suffer from it, some knowingly and it can effect our performance in many ways. This is a useful reminder -

If your life is free from failure, you’re not taking enough risks. -Anonymous

I expect I'll be back at Nottingham next year...

Comments

Popular Posts